DRAMATIC MAKE-UP with FASHION SPOTLIGHT *SHILA*
We wanted to do a make-up feature on the coolest and most dramatic eye make-up when we came across Shila’s page on Myspace.com. This 20 year-old Cali native has the most eye-catching make-up we’ve seen outside the most glamorous music videos and the high fashion catwalk. Read below to find out some of Shila’s tips on how you can achieve her look.
AGE: 20 years old
Make-up Tips: “I use a white eyeliner as a base to set bright colors like yellows and oranges. Other wise I use Shadestick in ‘Beiging’ ” by M.A.C. I usually use 3-4 colors when doing my eye make-up, it’s fun and to me make-up is my art.”
Favorites Colors To Use: Red & Purple
Aspirations: “I’ve never gone to makeup or cosmetology school. It’s just something I picked up on my own, and one day hope to start a make up line of my own.”
Where You Can Spot Her Work: Shila did the make-up for the bands Roses Are Red and Arizona-based band Scary Kids Scaring Kids for their latest music video shoots. She also does the make-up for the band Clearstatic on a regular basis. You can check out their Myspace here.
To see more of Shila’s awesome make-up styles, check out her Myspace @ http://www.myspace.com/makeupbyshila!
HOW TO ACHIEVE THIS LOOK:
· M.A.C. shadestick $15 each in “Beigeing” | buy online
· M.A.C. eyeshadow $13.50 each in “Chrome Yellow”, “Goldmine”, “Electric Eel” | buy online
· M.A.C. powerpoint eye pencil $13.50 each in “Engraved” | buy online
· M.A.C. eye kohl $12 each in “Fascinating” | buy online
· M.A.C. zoom lash mascara $10 each in “Zoom Black” | buy online